School has been really busy this year. Who would have thought having a baby and being a teacher would keep you super busy??? I knew that it would be a challenge. I am glad that I am able to do both. Although I love being a teacher and this year has been pretty good considering all the stuff that has happened Rob and I have made the decision that I will not be returning next year as a teacher. I am going to be staying home with Blaine. Being a stay at home mom was always my ultimate goal and we feel that this is the right time. With the world in as much turmoil that it is in I feel that being home to teach my son all the things he needs to know is going to benefit us far more then the SMALL amount of money I was making teaching. Hard to believe, but I made more money my first year teaching then in my fourth year. YAY for being a stay at home mommy!!!
About a month after Blaine was born my back started really having problems. I went to 3 different doctors before one of them told me they thought I was having muscle spasms. After the third doctor I went to the chiropractor and he took an x-ray of my back. Turns out I was having muscle spasms. apparently I fractured one of my vertebrate's somewhere along the line and when it healed it left an indent which makes it difficult for it to stay in place. So it was pinching a nerve which caused the muscle spasms. And to top it off I have scoliosis. Needless to say I have been struggling with back pain. However, I have been going to the chiropractor two times a week for about 3 or 4 months now and it is finally starting to feel better. Thank goodness!!!!
I have enjoyed every holiday that has come our way. Having a baby makes holidays very meaningful. For Halloween Blaine was superman and I was bat woman. Thanksgiving was spent here in Farmington with Rob's family. It was nice. I went to Salt Lake the week before Christmas when most of my family finally met Blaine for the first time. It was a fun time! For Christmas Eve I was home again. I made turkey dinner for the first time. We had a few sets of missionaries over. It turned out great. We had a great time with the missionaries and our little family. For New Years Rob and I stayed up playing Wii... That was nice considering the last couple of years we hadn't done anything.
On top of everything else that was going on I experienced a very emotional spring break. The Thursday before spring break started I found out my step dad Mark was in the hospital. By Friday night things are not been looking well at all. The doctors had given him about 24 hours. Early morning Saturday my family was packed up and heading to Salt Lake. Mark Dee Hymas Sr. passed away on March 19, 2011. I was an hour away from the hospital. That was a very emotional experience for me. It had been a long time since I had really talked to or spend time with him. I blame it mostly on being wrapped up in my own world (going to college, getting married, moving to New Mexico, and having a baby) but that didn't make it any easier. Mark was in my life during a very pivotal time. He baptized me! He was my dad for 7 years. He was there when I graduated high school. He was also apart if my family and my life. I loved him very much. When I found out that he had passed away and I didn't get to say good bye my heart dropped. I know that he knew I loved him. It was his time to go. He is no longer in physical pain and my knowledge of the next life has really helped me. His funeral was held the following Thursday. Seeing him at the viewing was emotional, but it brought the closure I needed. At the cemetery he was honored with full military honors. It was beautiful and bitter at the same time. I was blessed that it happened over spring break so that I could be there.
While I was in Salt lake we did do a few fun things. I went with my little brother Mark and Blaine to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. That was really fun. There were so many things to see and do. We all had a really great time. I think it helped my little brother get his mind off everything as well. Rob and I also went to a Jazz game. I had never been to one so it was an extra special treat. The Jazz lost their game, but it was a good game anyway. There is nothing better then being there to see the action in person.
There is officially only 8 more weeks of school. I can hardly believe it. I am excited to for this time of year because it starts getting warmer and we have tons of field trips ahead of us. I am looking forward to the next 2 months. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. :)
2 comments:
You made me tear up hearing you talk about your step-dad. It made think of Bruce (my mom's 2nd husband) and how he was such an important part of my life for so long, but now it's hard to keep the relationship going. Ah, I miss him.
I'm so sorry to hear about your step-dad. I haven't talked to you in so long. I'm glad you posted! Yay for stat at home mommy hood! It's the hardest and most worthwhile joyful thing ever!
Post a Comment