I was meaning to get to this sooner. In fact last week I was uploading pictures on here and then my computer freaked out and I ended up just deciding to do it another day.
Blaine was born on Friday September 3, 2010. He was 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in long. He was born at 5:34 pm. We went to the hospital at 7:30 am to be induced. I was started on the pitocin at 8:30 and waited around for things to start progressing. It was slow, which was fine with me. Around 1:30 the doctor decided I looked too comfortable and broke my water. From there is was free sailing. Within minutes I was getting very hard long contractions. An hour into the hard labor my asthma started to give me problems. I was breathing so hard and fast that I could tell that if I kept it up I would end up passing out. So at around 2:30 or so I had an epidural. Honestly that was one of the best decisions that I could have made.
The nurse kept coming in and checking on me asking if I could feel any pressure. I couldn't! Finally I was talking to my sister on the phone when I looked at the monitor and realized that my contractions we really long and hard. I decided I better get the nurse. So I got off the phone and sure enough the nurse checked and I was fully dialated and ready. She called the doctor! He came in and got everything ready and we started the pushing. I only had to push through about 5 contractions and there he was. I had no pain, yet I could still feel my feet and I had full control over my pushing. It was the most amazing experience of my life. Rob was by my side the entire time. He was very supportive and I am grateful that he was with me for such a wonderful event in our lives. Honestly I was laughing the whole time I was pushing. We were pretty much just joking around having a good time.
Blaine only left my room a few times while we were in the hospital. He is completely healthy!!! Everyone says that he looks exactly like his daddy, but as the days go on I am starting to see a little bit of me in him.
We were able to come home Saturday night. Which was wonderful! He is the best baby. He is so easy... I feel so blessed. He does a lot of sleeping, but still wakes up and lets me know when he is hungry. He only wakes up a few times during the night. During the day he spends a few hours here and there awake and playing. He is a wiggly little guy. He loves to kick and throw his arms all around. He is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I was so worried that I wouldn't know what he needs or why he was crying, but I have come to find out that being a mother comes naturally to me. Rob says that I have the touch because I always seem to know what he wants. I'm not sure how long that will last... I better knock on wood.
Rob I think will need a little more practice. He second guesses himself a lot. But I know that he will catch on. He really is a great daddy. His favorite thing to do when he gets home from work is lay Blaine on his chest and watch him sleep. He also likes to play with him while he is awake. I love watching them together.
Here are some more pictures for you all to enjoy:
3 comments:
congrats he is a cutie. What a great day to be born, that is my daughters birthday. Glad to hear everything is going well!!
Congratulations!! Since I got off Facebook, I'm pretty out of the loop and I didn't hear that Blaine was born. I'm so happy for you!!
Congrats again. Isn't it so amazing that they know who their mommy is and you can make it al better? It's so fun to see them change and get bigger and just be their little selves
Post a Comment