This summer is just flying by! I can't believe that school starts in a month. I am super excited because it means that Blaine will be here so much sooner... but at the same time I am very nervous about when he will decide to come and how much it will effect my new class. Even with these nerves I know that everything will work out the way it is supposed to.
Rob and I took a trip up to Salt Lake for the 4th of July weekend. We were actually up there for a full week. We had a great time. Rob golfed A LOT!!! We also ate at every place imaginable. I am lucky that all that extra food I ate goes to my baby boy. While in town we went to Hogle Zoo (which I haven't been to in about 5 years), went to the SLC temple (my dad was working there at the time), had a baby shower, and spent the 4th of July with my parents in their cute little city of West Pointe.
The zoo was really fun. It has been such a long time since I have been there. There were a lot of things that have changed. I loved seeing the new baby elephant and the tigers. The last time I was there they were still working on the Asia exhibit. My sister in law Tricia came with us because she knew that this was one of the only chances she would have for awhile. It was nice to have her along for the fun ride. I can't wait until Blaine is old enough to go. He will love it.
I'm just a little too tall!
Rob is pretty close.
My friend Jessica threw me a relaxing baby shower while I was up there. We just had it at a park and it was co-ed so that all my brothers and nieces and nephews could come as well. I loved seeing some of my friends who I don't see very often and all of my family. All in all it was a great day. Everyone gave us wonderful things to help when Blaine gets here. I LOVED all the cute little clothes that we got. He is going to be the cutest little guy on the block. While up there Rob and I also went and bought a car seat/stroller set and a play pin. As of right now we almost have everything we will need when Blaine arrives.
For the 4th of July Rob and I went with my parents to their city celebration. We had a really good time. We played Bingo all day, watched pizza eating contests and much more. We had dinner there and loved watching the fireworks. They had a really good show. Rob and I loved it.
I was pretty tired at this point.
Since we got home we have had a lot happen. The Tuesday after we got home Rob lost his job. This is not the first time we have come home from Salt Lake to no job. It has been a very stressful couple of weeks. I love my husband though... as soon as he knew that he was not going to have a job he was applying and getting interviews at every place imaginable. He was not about to sit at home and sulk. He is a good man who knows how to take care of his family. By the end of that week he had a job in Artesia, New Mexico... which is about 5 hours from Farmington. We didn't like the timing of all of this, but we were glad that he had a job. So this last week we drove down there to see if we could find a place for him to live for the time being... or at least until the baby was born and get some of his drug tests done. We actually stopped in Roswell to look at a house for rent. There seemed to be more available housing there because Artesia is so small. Needless to say the man renting the house out to people like us so much he was ready to hand over the keys. Rob and I decided to say one last prayer together before we got the money for the deposit. Right after we said the prayer we both got a really bad feeling that it wasn't right. At first I thought I was just hungry and that was why I was feeling that way... but when Rob started telling me how he felt I knew that it was no longer the right thing to do. Right then and there Rob called the company that had given him the job and told them that the timing just wasn't right and that we were no longer going to accept that job. We also called the renter and told him that we were no longer interested.
After that we ate lunch and drove to Las Cruses to see Rob's sister Angela. We stayed at her house that night.
It turns out that Rob had an interview for Halliburton in Farmington (a well known oil field company) on Wednesday. So we woke up early and drove home so that he would be there in time for his interview. Well he didn't get that job, but by this time I knew that we would be okay. I knew that the lord would take care of us. Sure enough on Friday he was able to get a job with a trucking company that works in the oil field taking water out to the rigs. He has decided to take this job and work there for now. He is trying to get a job working for the correctional facility here in town. The hiring process takes at least a month because it is a government job and so while he is trying to get on there he is going to continue working in the oil field. We have decided to get out of the oil field so that he can have a more stable job. I am grateful to the lord for providing for us and taking care of us at this time.
While I was trying not to worry about Rob's job situation I finally got around to decorating Blaine's room. I cut his name out in vinyl with my new cricut and put it on his wall. I am also going to cut out a bunch of different size circles with different colors that I am going to put around it... I just haven't gotten to that yet. I also got onto the golf decorations. I took wood letters that spell golf and painted them and modge podged some cute papers onto them. Each letter has a little bit of nature that you see while golfing. One the paper is of sand, another is grass, then the sky and water. I hung them from a shelf I painted and on top of that I have cute golf book ends and a golfing book that teaches you how to count. Rob absolutely loved what I did. Once it was all up it just made me more excited for what is to come.
I see more fun things to come in the near future. I will keep you updated :)
No comments:
Post a Comment