Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My most recent picture... 28 weeks!

Time seems to be going by so slow. I think that's because my energy level is so low. I can't seem to get all the things done that I need to. I have been working on Blaine's room for awhile now. Rob got it all painted, but I just haven't felt good enough to make all the things I have planned. I end up getting up around 9, get my dogs taken care of, get ready for the day, go do all the things that I NEED to get done and by the time I get done with that I am pooped. I have no more energy and my body starts telling me to relax. I'm not real good at sitting down and doing nothing. I have worked on lesson plans and I have read and done things that I can do while sitting... but after awhile it gets so old. I really want to scrapbook, but my scrapbook room is such a mess. I have tried to get it all cleaned up but seem to fail at this attempt because it is not one of the things I NEED to get done.
About a week or so ago I ended up in the hospital. The night before I started having strange pains on the left side of my stomach. I didn't think anything of it. I just figured it was another pregnancy pain. Something that goes with the territory. Well the next morning when I woke up my entire stomach hurt along with the middle of my back. This was about 6 in the morning. I got up and used the restroom thinking maybe that would help. I got back in bed and tried going back to sleep... no such luck. I was in a lot of pain. I tried propping myself up thinking that I just slept in a funny position. Yeah, that didn't do me any good. Finally I called Rob hoping that he hadn't left his shop yet. He hadn't gone to work much earlier then that. Well it turns out that he had left about 15 minutes before that. I told him that I would be okay... he didn't believe me and called his dad to come and get me and take me to the hospital. At this point I still thought that it was just something that everyone goes through. I thought maybe everyone was making a bigger deal out of it. I called my doctor and got an operator. I told her the situation and instead of telling me she would page the on call doctor she just kept telling me that she was the operator and that she couldn't tell me what to do. I was in so much pain and afraid of what was happening and all she could do was tell me that she wasn't a doctor. I just started crying. I was so frustrated. Finally she asked me if I wanted her to page the doctor... of course that was what I wanted. Luckily my doctor was the one on call and he told me to go to labor and delivery in the hospital. Once I got there they hooked me up to a bunch of monitors. The baby was doing just fine. In fact he didn't seem to be having any problems... he had a blast rolling around in my stomach while I lay there in pain. By the time I got to the hospital only the left side of my stomach hurt. The doctor came in and did an exam to make sure everything with the pregnancy was good. Everything there looked good. Finally they took some of my blood and put an IV in to give me some antibiotics. By this time the doctor figured it was kidney stones. YUCK!!!! Then they decided to give me an ultra sound to make sure. I had to wait for about 2 hours before they could fit me in. When I finally went in the ultra sound tech spent way too much time checking out my right side... which I didn't understand because it was my left side that was giving me the pain. About another 2 hours went by when finally my doctor told me that they think I just had a kidney infection. They also mentioned something about gallstones, but said that as soon as my IV was done I could go home. I just needed to pick up a prescription of antibiotics. As soon as I got home I went to sleep. I was told that I had to take it really easy for the next couple of days. That meant that I couldn't vacuum, lift anything, or go anywhere. Yeah, that was a lot of fun. The next week when I went into my normal doctors appointment my doctor told me that I do have some small gallstones, but that they are not what was giving me the pain so right now we don't want to worry about that. He just told me to make sure I don't eat any fatty foods. Well I was glad to hear that Blaine is doing good and since then I haven't had any unusual pains. Hopefully the antibiotics cleared up my kidney infection. And I am hoping that as long as I eat right the gallstones won't give me any issues.
Okay enough complaining. I really don't mean to complain, I just get so frustrated and I need to get it all out of my system. So thanks for listening :)
Onto some fun things! Rob bought Blaine a bassinet last night :) Now he has somewhere to sleep when he gets here. My father in law is going to get us a crib set, but that won't be here for a little while. Plus Blaine won't be using it at first so I'm not real worried about that. I did however, get his bedding set today. It's super cute. When I get the crib and set it up with the bedding I will post a picture.
Blaine's Bassinet
Rob and I are going to Salt Lake either Saturday or Sunday depending on when his work says he can go. There is a chance that he will have to work on Saturday... but hopefully they will let him go a day early. We will be there for about a week. I am excited. Not so much for the LONG drive, but because I will get away from here and because I will get to see my family. My friend Jessica is giving me a baby shower while I am up there. That will be a lot of fun, and Rob and I are going to do some major baby shopping. Here in Farmington there just aren't a whole lot of places to choose from so we are going to take advantage of all the places in Salt Lake. Rob is also going to make sure he fits in some quality golfing. Not that he has a lack of that here... he goes every week. I think he just wants a new setting. And he has heard a lot of good stuff about the courses in Salt Lake. I really wish I could golf with him. Maybe next year :) We are also going to be up there for the 4th of July weekend. That will give us the chance to see REAL fireworks. I haven't had a 4th of July in Salt Lake for a REALLY long time. So I am pretty excited for that. Hopefully my energy level won't ruin things for me. I'm going to cross my fingers.
That is all that is going on with us for right now. Overall things are good!

1 comment:

Melissa & Cameron said...

I'm so sorry! That sounds terrible! Luckily you're getting down to the end of it. I can't wait to see you!