
17 weeks
Well time for another update. I am now 20 weeks along and feeling pretty darn good. We obviously found out that we are having a boy and we have decided to name him Blaine Robert Bass. Rob and I both really love that name... and it's the only one we could BOTH agree on.
Before I go into talking about the baby I will update you on my health condition. My doctor called me about a week ago and told me that my thyroid level is too low. He took my blood two times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke and sure enough it was low the second time as well. Since then he put me on some medication to hopefully help. I think that may have been why I was SO tired and exausted all the time. I know that it can be normal, but I also think that my thyroid had something to do with it. Luckily we are getting it taken care of and there is really nothing to worry about. Now onto the fun stuff.
I had my anatomy ultra sound today and it was amazing. Blaine was not real shy. It only took about a minute for us to see that he is a boy. He was very active and seemed to be having a party in my belly. He was so wiggley it took us about an hour to get all of the measurments and information that we needed. When we were trying to measure his arm he couldn't help but waving it all over the place. When we were trying to check out his heart he was being very stubborn (just like his mommy and daddy) and wouldn't turn over. I was even trying to turn over to see if he would move with me. It took a lot of prodding, but he finally did it. I couldn't believe the positions he was laying in. His head was going one direction and his body another and his legs another. It was really fasinating to say the least. I loved watching my baby move and play in my tummy. After all that he is healthy with all the necessary parts. The sono tech said that he weighs a pound and that he is a bit heavy for 20 weeks. He also said that he is pretty boney. Which I think is a pretty good thing... although maybe that means that I should eat more and fatten him up... lol! His heart rate today was 141 which seems to be about average with him.
Robert and I are both thrilled that we are having a boy. I was secrectly hoping for a boy, I just didn't want to jinx myself by admitting it. I like the idea of having my oldest be a boy to be the older brother and take care of the younger ones. Also most people say that boys are easier and I would like to hopefully have an easier child to begin with considering I have no clue what I am doing.
As the days go by and the due date gets closer I am beginning to get more and more nervous. Mostly because I really want to be a good mother and I am worried that I am not going to know how. I pretty much know that being a mother is not something you can learn from a book and so I am hoping that motherhood comes natural and that I will know what to do. Don't worry however, I am still doing as much research as possible just in case there is something I can learn from a book... lol
Well onto other things going on. The school year is unbelievably almost over. Only about 5 more weeks. I can hardly believe how fast this year has gone. I have truly loved every minute of it. My kids at school are just about as excited as I am that I am having a baby. They ask me how the baby is doing all the time. And they were very anxious to know if it was a boy or a girl. I had some students from last year who were very upset that he is a boy. They told me they were crossing their fingers for a girl... lol!! Later on one of the teachers on duty came in and told me that she overheard the girls talking and she said she thought what they said was so sweet she had to come and tell me. They said that since I am an angel that my baby is defintely going to be an angel too. I never thought of myself as an angel, but I know that my little bundle of joy is an angel. I know that he will teach me many many things.
I will keep you updated on all the wonderful things happening in my world. Now onto shopping for all those cute little boy things.
1 comment:
congrats on your baby oy, and the name is cute, hope everything else continues to go well.
Post a Comment