
Well I am into my 2nd trimester FINALLY!!! I am feeling pretty good. I went from being very nauseous all the time to having horrible back pains to having awful head aches. Now I am feeling much better. The back aches have eased up and I haven't had a head ache for a week or so. I have been feeling pretty tired, but I can deal with that better then the other things.
So much has been going on in this last week or so. Last weekend I went to Salt Lake for my niece Tristen's baby shower. She is due in about 3 or 4 weeks. She doesn't have too much farther to go. I decided to take Friday off of work because I knew I would not be able to drive to Salt Lake after work in my current condition. I ended up leaving around 8:30. Rob couldn't come up with me because he had to work, but that was okay because my brothers that he usually hangs out with were camping.
Well my drive actually wasn't too bad. I stopped about 3 times which is a lot for me, but I still managed to get to Provo in about 5 and a half hours. I stopped in Orem to have lunch with my little brother Mark. I was excited to see him. We went to Carbanara's. Neither one of us had been there before. After we ate I did not feel very good. I think it was the fact that my stomach had been in sitting position all day. We went and walked around University Mall, but that didn't help much. After that I decided to make my way to SLC. By the time I got to my brother Al's house I was ready to lay down. I immediately changed into sweats and layed on the couch. I was so tired. Nothing else happened that night.
On Saturday my sister called me and told me that she had not done anything for the baby shower. Mind you it is her daughter who is having the shower and she is putting everything together. She hadn't even bought decorations. So I ended up helping her shop and get everything set up. I was SO EXHAUSTED after that. I would have gotten pictures but to tell you the truth by the time the baby shower came I was too tired to think about anything but eating.
The shower turned out really good. There were a lot of people who came. Tristen got a lot of cute stuff and we all had fun hanging out. Needless to say by the time I got to my brothers that night I was ready for bed. I didn't stay up at all I went straight to bed.
Sunday I woke up and ended up leaving for home around 9:30. It was a super short trip. I got home around 4:30. Just in time for Rob to get home from church. I ended up laying around and going to bed early that night. All that driving really took a toll on me. I think that next time I go to Salt Lake it is going to be for a longer time period. It just isn't worth it to drive all that way for one fun day. At least not while I'm pregnant.
Moving right along! I ended up changing doctors. The doctor I had was not very informative and was rather cold. He pretty much had no personality. In fact that last time I had an appointment with him I ended up crying on my way home because (not only did I have a bad day and my hormones were going crazy) but I left that office feeling like I knew nothing that was going on with my baby. I had heard the heart beat which was really awesome, but my doctor didn't even tell me that it was the heart beat. He told me the number 161. I asked if that was good and he said that it was fine. AND THAT WAS THAT. It wasn't until I got home and googled it that I knew the 161 meant that was how fast the heart was beating. After that I still wasn't sure about changing doctors. I am so new to this whole thing I just don't know what to expect.
Well a few days later a friend of mine was talking to me. Her daughter is in my class at school. She asked me who my doctor was and told me that I should switch to this other doctor. Everything she told me about him sounded like everything that I was missing from my own doctor. So I called his office and made an appointment. I have only met with Dr. Fisher (the new one) one time and I already feel totally at ease. The first thing he did was take me and Rob into his office and tell me step by step all my milestone appointments that we will be doing and why we will be doing it. He answered all my questions and made me feel completely comfortable. Then I had a full exam and he did my first ultra sound.
This was the most amazing experience of my life. I could see everything that was going on in there. The first thing I noticed was that the baby was sucking on it's thumb. I could see the umbilical cord and the blood running through it. I could see the little tiny heart beating. The heart rate this time was 141. And as I am sitting there watching this miracle in my tummy it started kicking it's legs and arching it's back. I just couldn't believe that I wasn't feeling any of that. Dr. Fisher said that everything is good. The baby is growing appropriately and everything looks good. I left his office that day with a completely different outlook on this pregnancy. It's about time I start getting excited. I was excited before, but now this is so real.
Rob is 100% sure that it is a boy. I have mixed emotions. I would like it to be a boy for certain reasons and I would like it to be a girl for certain reason. Honestly I am just so happy that everything is going well. I won't be able to find out the sex for another month, but right now it really doesn't matter either way. The only reason I really want to know is so that I can stop calling it "it". I would like to call it a he or a she and finally decide on some names. That's about the only reason I really want to know what it is.
Aside from that pregnancy school is going well this year. I have truly been blessed with a great group of kids. I think God had this all planned out. He made sure I had a good class this year because he knew I would be pregnant and need to have good students. My kids have made this so easy for me. I never fear going to work anymore. I never worry about talking to parents and wondering what they are going to say to me next. I have just loved this year as a teacher. Now that I am starting to feel better I am doing more interactive activities and the kids are loving it. I am going to be doing report cards this next week, which really isn't all that fun. But that just means that summer break is coming up pretty soon. I think that I am going to be really sad when this year ends. I have loved having these kids in my class.
So for now everything is going great and I am feeling good.
1 comment:
I'm glad everything is going well, I can tell it's cute already!
Post a Comment