So much has happened in such a short amount of time.
For Thanksgiving I went to Salt Lake to have it with my family. Rob wasn't able to go due to work. I was very sad that he didn't get to join me, but he was with his own family so it wasn't totally horrible.
I had a great time. Almost my whole family was there. We were only missing my brother Stephen and his family. Even both of my parents were there. It was actually the best Thanksgiving I can remember having. We ate tons of great food and that night my mom, sister, and two nieces went with me to see New Moon for the second time. We were one of the only ones in there. We had the whole IMAX theater to ourselves :)
For Christmas Rob and I both made it to Salt Lake. We did a whole lot of shopping and eating out. I love going to Salt Lake... they have all the stores that Farmington doesn't. We spent Christmas hanging out at different peoples houses and just having a good time. The day after Christmas was the family party. It was pretty entertaining to say the least.
When we got home we went out and got another puppy. We figured that Jack needed a friend. We went to the animal shelter and adopted an adorable bassett hound named Jazmine. She is so sweet. Her and Jack get along like peas and carrots. They are the best of friends. I am glad that he has someone to play with now. She is a wonderful addition to our growing family.
For New Years we were at home having a good old time. Actually by the time midnight came along we were both asleep. New years just really isn't one of our holidays. During the day however, we went to my in-laws and had lunch. It was also my mother-in-laws birthday so we had fun spoiling her with presents. I loved it.
Then came the second week in January when Rob and I found out that we are expecting a wonderful baby to join us in September. Now the last blog I wrote I was a very frustrated woman due to the fact that Rob and I had been trying for about a year and a half and nothing had happened. I then went to the doctor just to find out that I was never obvulating like I should have been. My doctor finally put me on fertility pills and low and behold it only took one dose.
When I first found out I pretty much couldn't believe it. It took a couple days for me to really believe it. It is still a very surreal feeling. It wasn't until the morning sickness hit that I was totally convinced. I am so grateful that I have this opportunity. It is still very early so I am taking everything very slowly. I have been trying to eat the right things and take things easy. I'm not doing anything that might do harm. I will keep you all updated as things progress.
My first day of major morning sickness got a little out of control. I ended up leaving work early and that night I went to Urgent Care. They put an IV in my arm and gave me some great drugs to make the nausea go away. Once I was feeling better I went home and the doctor gave me a prescription for the same drug. I wasn't going to go to the doctor but my niece who is also pregnant who was really sick told me that I had better go before I get too sick to move. So I took her advice and went. I'm glad I did. I didn't go to work yesterday, but I did today and I have felt much better.
I am so truely grateful for the Lord and his willingness to answer prayers. I know that it is because of him that I have been so blessed. I pray that as he sends one of his beautiful children down to me that I can be the best mother and teach it all that the Lord would have me teach it. The Lord does answer prayers!!!
P.S. Rob really wants it to be a boy so it will probably be a girl... lol... as for me I don't care either way. I am just excited to have a baby!!!
1 comment:
Congrats Cyn!!! You really deserve it and I am so glad that things have worked out!!!
Post a Comment