Here are a few updated pictures of Jack.
This is Jack when we first bought him his bed. He wasn't so sure he liked it at first, but has come to love sleeping in it every night.

This picture was taken after his very first bath. He was very upset with me. Can you tell?
Jack has been quit the handful since we got him. Originally he was in our bedroom with us. We put together our own little play pin type place. He was okay with that for a week or so, then he learned how to climb out of it. After that we realized that he was getting bigger and needed more space anyway so we moved him to the other bathroom. That lasted a couple days at the max. He started chewing holes in the walls. Then we put him in the hallway with a gate up so he couldn't get into the living room or kitchen while we were gone. This has been a big enough space for him, but he is stilling chewing on the wall. For awhile he was just being a pain in the butt... ALL HE EVER DID WAS BITE... mostly me. I tried the whole bitter stuff that you spray on stuff and he won't want to chew it... lol... he liked it and would lick everything I sprayed. Eventually I just started carrying bones with me and when he would start biting me I would give him the bone to chew on. That works most the time.
**Warning** I am going to start into a rampage... if you don't want to hear it you can skip down to the crafty part of my blog. If you continue reading you can't say I didn't warn you.
Anytime that I am talking about Jack and how much of a handful he can be the only thing people ever tell me is "Just wait until you have kids". I am SO SICK OF HEARING THAT. As of right now I'm not sure I can even have kids! I have been to the doctors and it turns out that things are not working as they should. I have another appointment in a week or so to see if my doctor can do anything about it, but who knows if he will be able to. So when everyone continues to tell me "just wait until you have kids" all I want to say to them is I will have to wait to even know if I can. I know they are not intentionally throwing this in my face, but honestly it kills me everytime I hear it. I love kids and I have every since I was little. I looked forward to being a mom more then almost anything. It has been a HUGE struggle to say the least. And to all my friends who are having beautiful children... I am honestly so happy for you. And really the only thing I can say to you is ENJOY MOTHERHOOD!!!!! Because not everyone gets that chance.
Now I know that there is always adoption and other methods of getting children. And maybe one day that will be the route we take, but as of right now I am struggling with this subject.
Okay I am done with that and I am moving on to something more exciting! I have been doing tons of crafts lately. Where I find the time I'm not sure. I have noticed that I have been feeling a lot better this year then I was last year. Every time I came home last year I just felt sick and worn out. I was always too tired to do anything. This year is much different I feel good. So in those little time slots between school and meetings and work these are the fun things I have made. Now I am addicted and I constantly looking for fun things to make. So if any of you have any other ideas for me let me know :)
This is a block of wood that I painted and modge podged the paper and picture to. Then I just wrapped the ribbon around it. It was SUPER easy to make and it's cute.
This pretty much took no time at all. I just took the vinal lettering and stuck it to a tile. I got the vinal lettering from a super saturday my ward had, but I have a cricut so I could have just made it on that.
Now we are getting into the holiday things. This wreath hangs in my classroom and it is really easy to make you just take 3 different kinds of material and tear them into strips and tie the strips onto a wire hanger. This is the one I made for Halloween. As you can tell I added the candy corn as a cute little touch.
Just a few other things that have been going on are:
1.) I have spent about $700 on my car and now it is back to being perfect. This included a trip to Arizona that ended with a flat tire on the reservation. Yes I was by myself! But don't worry I have been taught well and didn't panic... it got taken care of and I was glad when I finally made it home.
2.) My class has gone on a few field trips this year and I am just shown how good they really are. I have such a wonderful class this year. I am so grateful!! I pretty much had decided that if I didn't get a good class this year it was never going to happen and I might as well find a new job now. But it turned out, and my class is amazing!!!
3.) Rob has been going out of town a lot lately, which is good cause we are able to pay off more bills. I am so grateful he has a job. This time last year he didn't and that was a huge struggle. We are not only lucky that he has a job right now, but that it's a job he loves. And it looks promising. He has been working very hard and his boss' are hoping that he can work his way up to a supervising position in the next 5 years or so. So as of right now, Rob and I are going to be in Farmington for awhile.
4.) We are getting ready to go to SLC for Thanksgiving. We have never had Thanksgiving with my family. So I am excited to show Rob what a good time we have. We will also be going to SLC for Christmas as well. It will be wonderful!! If you want to get together while I'm up there just let me know.
5.) Lastly I have really been looking into how much it will cost me to remodel my house. I know that I'm not going to be able to do it all at once, but I am pretty determined to do it a little at a time. The first couple of things I want to do is: Float my walls (I have those trailor wall paper walls and I want to get rid of the strips that go down the wall and fill in the cracks where the sheet rock meet.), Put in new crown molding along the top of the walls through out the house, get new tile in the Kitchen, small bathroom, and change the carpet in the master bathroom into tile, get new carpet installed, and lastly I want to get a new dish washer. I know that it will take a couple years to save to money and do everything, but I am pretty determined. I really want to make this into my home.
Well that is about all that is going on right now. I will try to keep you more informed as things happen.
2 comments:
Super cute crafts! i love them all!
I'm glad we didn't get an inside dog...I have a hard enough time when its bad weather and he has to be inside for a couple of hours! today he had such bad gas that I had to make him stay out side in the snow so I wouldn't throw up TMI I know! and p.s I soooooooooo love your crafts I have a super saturday tomorrow I'll take pictures of the fun crafts so you can have some fun new ideas!
Post a Comment