Saturday, August 22, 2009

My new baby


Well time for some updates. I have finished painting my house... that was a lot of work. I don't have pictures yet because I haven't finished putting all my picture frames up yet. So when I do I will make a post.
School started this week. 5 days down and 175 to go. Don't worry I'm not really counting down the days until the end of the school year. My class this year seems to be pretty good. They are talkers, but that is the extent of my problems so far. I can handle kids talking... it's the violence I can't handle. There have been a few set backs with my schedule though. I pretty much don't see my kids all morning. First thing in the morning some of my kids leave for ESL, then it's time for specials, then they go to recess, then some kids go to bilingual, and after that is lunch. I won't even get to DOL or checking for homework until after the kids have had lunch. I think that will be more of a change for me then for my kids. I have a good feeling about this year.



This is the bulletin board outside my classroom. I made it all by myself! The little shiny things in the water are gold and silver coins with the kids names on them :)
Also on the first day of school I got a puppy. It was a completely unexpected event. Rob and I had wanted to get a puppy all summer long. But with all the moving and getting stuff ready we didn't really have a chance to go look for one. I was kind of sad about it, but just figured I would get one next summer. That is until I went to Smith's. I was just dropping some red box movies off and there was a guy with four little puppies. I just wanted to look at them thinking that they would be too much money or that they would be a big dog by the time they were grown up (I don't want a big dog). Well it turned out that they are not big dogs... he is half poodle and half schnauzer. Neither dog is real big. Plus they were only $50! I immediately called Rob and asked him if I could get a puppy. I honestly thought that he wouldn't let me, but as soon as he heard me telling him how cute they were he knew I really wanted one. So he said yes! And now Rob and I are the proud owners of a Schnoodle puppy. His name is Jack. Rob and I both thought of the name Jack without even telling each other. It was fate.
Jack is such a good puppy. The first night was hard because he was away from his mommy and brothers and sisters, but the second night was much better. Jack loves his mommy (me) :) He likes to follow me around the house. He will always go potty for me when I take him outside and he loves to fall asleep in my arms. I am so excited to have a new little guy in our family :)

My precious Jack yawning.

This whole year is going to be a busy one. Not only am doing teaching which is a huge job in its self, but I am also taking a reading class which requires that I tutor a student after school everyday. By the end of the year I need to have 80 lesson plans. I am really excited about the class because I know it is going to teach me a lot. However, it is going to make for a very busy year.

On top of that I just recieved a new calling at church... I haven't been set apart yet so SHHHH don't tell anyone but I have been called as the Relief Society Secretary. I am pretty sure my mouth dropped open when I was asked to accept this calling. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have such a big calling. I of course was more then happy to accpet and I am excited to have many opportunities to serve the women in my ward. I hope that I can do a good job.

So as you can see I have a busy year ahead of me... but you know I think that is a good thing. Everytime my life is go go go I seem to accomplish more. I am just one of those people who constantly needs something to do... lol


No comments: