Sunday, August 28, 2011

They went together

About a week after we moved to texas rob, blaine and I were on our way home from a baseball game in houston and I got a call from my mom. She was calling to tell me that my grandparents were in a car accident and they were both killed instantly. The driver of as moving truck fell asleep at the wheel and hit my grandparents head on. My grandma (who was driving) tried to swerve and miss the truck, but it was no use.

The next day I bought a plane ticket to salt lake. 3 days later I drove to houston, flew to salt lake, then drove to farmington, new mexico. We stayed the night with my in-laws and drive to blanding the next day where the funerals were. It was a long day full of emotions, but it was what I needed to say goodbye. After the funerals we went back to farmington. The next day we drove back to salt lake. I stayed there one more day then flew back to houston and drove home to victoria. It was so much traveling... especially after we had just moved.

Blaine did amazing! There were a few break downs which is to be expected. I now know that I can fly with him :)

The funerals were long... It was more like one funeral for 2 people. Even though my grandparents will be missed it was there time. They both had health problems and they had lived a long life. The lord needed them with him.

They will be missed!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

Melissa & Cameron said...

I am so sorry! It's never easy to lose a loved one but it does help to have the knowledge of the gospel.