Tuesday, June 9, 2009

School ended on May 29th and the very next day I was in my car headed up to Salt Lake. I was all excited to take pictures and then I realized that I forgot my camera. I was very tempted to go and buy a new camera, but I managed to ignore the temptation. Needless to say I have no pictures with this post. However, I have a lot to say so I don't think you will be too disappointed.

So as I was driving to Salt Lake my sister told me that my niece Tristen was having her 18th birthday party that night. I was excited that I would be able to go. I had tried to call her on her actual birthday, but she changed her number and didn't give me her new one. Well I really wanted to get to her party before it ended so I went a little bit faster then I should have been... HAHAHAH I got pulled over... but I somehow managed to get out of the ticket. I couldn't believe that he let me go. It was a huge relief considering I still have a Utah lisence and my car is registered in New Mexico. Not a good combination.
Well I ended up at the party about an hour after it started. My sister was great and didn't tell Tristen that I was coming :) So it was a huge surprise. When she saw me she started jumping up and down. It was really great to be able to be there on her special day. The party was really fun. It was a lot of her family from her Dad's side, but eventually more of my brothers and sisters showed up. My nephews were having a great time jumping on her trampoline for the first time ever. It was a really great night. My sister and I laughed the entire night. There were numerous times where we were laughing so hard that we were both crying. Good Times!!! That night I stayed with my sister.

The next day I was with my sister Shauna. We pretty much just hung out at her house and had a good time. You can tell that we are definately sisters. We both think a lot alike and say the same things at the same time. It's pretty funny. We were both watching TV and saw a commercial with chocolate covered strawberries... we both decided that we wanted to make some of those. So we went and got all the stuff and made them. They turned out so good.... MMMMMM!!!! That night I ended up going to my brother Al's house and staying the night there. He has a beautiful house out in Herriman.

So the next day I took Tristen to the mall to go shopping for her birthday. She had her senior portraits that day and it was out in Midvale so we went to the South Town Mall. SUCH A GOOD MALL!!!! We had a blast. I don't have most of those stores here in Farmington so I loved it. We went to tons of different shops and I spent a lot of money. But hey it's summer and I am on vacation. Isn't that what I am supposed to do? Don't worry I bought Tristen a lot of stuff too. When we got done we ended up going to my brother Jay's house for a little while. He lives in Midvale. We talked to my nephew DJ for awhile and then she and I went to get her senior portraits done. She had a coverlook photo shoot. It was awesome! She looked so good. I can't wait to see what her pictures looked like. She is really photogenic. After that I went to my sisters again to see my niece Ocean and nephew Jaden. Then I went back to Al's again.

Day after that I pretty much spent the whole day with my SIL Devena and my two nephews Nathan and Cody. That was a fun relaxing day of fun. Then that night I went to visit my friends Melissa and Shirlee. My two best friends from when I was little. Shirlee had her adorable little girl with her and Melissa had just bought a new house. It was so much fun to see the girls and to see Melissa's house. It is the perfect house. I can't wait to see all the creative stuff she does with it. That was a fun fun night. And once again I stayed with Al.

The next day I went to lunch with my brother Al and then Tristen and I hung out. That night we were having a BBQ and my brother Jay's house. I supplied all the food so Tristen and I went shopping for it. At one point I took my nephew Cody with us. He is such a cute little guy. He was so hyper, but I managed to keep him in check. He was so good that I ended up buying him a car. Yes... I bribed him... but when your the aunt it's okay ;) That night I saw almost all my brothers and sisters. The only one I didn't see was John. We had a lot of fun and Jay did a good job cooking all the burgers. And that was the last night I spent with my brother Allen.

On Thursday I went to my dad's house. I decided that I would spend my last day in SLC at my dad's house. I just visited with my mom and SIL Becky and nephew Corbin. My dad worked at the temple that day so I only saw him that night.

Well I was supposed to go home on Friday, but I woke up and I was very SICK!!!! I was actually really sad I didn't get to go home that day. I missed Rob so much. I wanted to see my hubby. And I really hated being sick. Luckily I was at my dad's house and he took care of me. I told Rob that if there was anywhere I would choose to be sick besides my own house I would choose my dad's house. So that was the good part. On Saturday I still wasn't feeling good. I had improved from the day before, but I wasn't well enough to drive 7 hours. So I just watched TV all day.

Finally on Sunday I was able to go home. I couldn't wait to get there. As soon as I got there I layed down for a little bit and then I went to my in-laws house for dinner.

Overall my summer vacation so far has been pretty good aside from getting sick. Now I just have a lot of time to clean my house and do the things I have been neglecting for the past 9 months like organizing my scrapbook stuff. So there you have it... my update.

No comments: